FROM £1029 PER PERSON
|Date||Availability||Price Per Person|
|27 Jun – 07 July 2018||Full||Price: £1029|
|04 Jul – 14 July 2018||On request: please contact us||Price: £1029|
|11 July – 21 July 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
|18 July – 28 July 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
|25 July – 04 Aug 2018||Full||Price: £1029|
|01 Aug – 11 Aug 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
|08 Aug- 18 Aug 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
|15 Aug – 25 Aug 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
|29 Aug- 08 Sep 2018||On request: please contact us||Price: £1029|
|04 Sep – 14 Sep 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
|05 Sep – 15 Sep 2018||Available||Price: £1029|
The independence of a self-guided trek – HIGHLIGHTS
- Family-run accommodation: hotels and mountain refuges
- Complete the whole circuit: 165km on foot
- Built-in rest day
- Dramatic mountain views, pretty hamlets, Alpine flowers
Group size: minimum 2 people
The budget TMB means you can enjoy some of the traditional mountain refuges and then have more comfort in twin rooms at the hotels: you spend 5 nights in twin rooms at hotels and 5 nights in dormitories at hotels and mountain refuges.
You will be fully independent for the whole trek, but we do a luggage-drop mid-way through the trip so that you can have a fresh change of clothes. Trekking in a clockwise direction you cross 5 major passes, cover around 165km and have plenty of scope for extending your day. You may also want to stay longer in Chamonix to do some extra walking.
This trip will appeal to confident trekkers who enjoy the fun of staying in dorms.
- Arrive at our hotel in the Chamonix Valley. Hotel
- Trek Chamonix to Lac Blanc (2352m) and on to Argentiere. Hotel
- Trek from Argentiere, over the Col de Balme (2191m) and on to La Forclaz. Hotel, dorms.
- Trek to Champex (1486m) along the Bovine route. Auberge, dorms
- Trek to Champex to La Fouly (1600m). Hotel, dorms.
- Trek La Fouly to La Palud (Courmayeur) via the Grand Col Ferret (2532m). Hotel
- Rest day in La Palud (Courmayeur). Hotel
- Trek to Chapieux via Col de la Seigne (2516m). Auberge, dorms
- Trek to Nant Borrant (1440m) via the Col du Bonhomme (2479m). Refuge, dorms
- Trek to Les Contamines and Les Houches and then back into the Chamonix Valley. Hotel
- Trip ends.
Climbs and descents: 6670m ascent / 7150m descent
Approximate distance: 165km
WHAT’S INCLUDED AND DETAILED TRIP DOSSIER
- 5 nights hotels in twin rooms. 5 nights dorms
- 6 dinners
- Main luggage available 4 out of 10 nights
- Geneva transfers not included
- Route Notes provided
Geneva Airport can be reached from 17 airports in the UK and Ireland. It is well-connected with the USA, Canada and Australasia. Both Chamonix and Geneva Airport can be reached by train from the UK. You can also drive to Chamonix in approximately 10 hours from Calais. Please do not book non-refundable travel before we guarantee your departure.
EXTEND YOUR STAY IN CHAMONIX
You can easily extend your stay in Chamonix at one of our hotels or guest houses. Please ask us for details.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR TREK
Step 1 – Choose Your Tour
Select your tour and check availability, either by phoning us or sending an on-line enquiry.
Step 2 – Complete a Booking Form
Complete an on-line booking form and pay a deposit of £100 or 10% of the tour, whichever is the greater.
Step 3 – How to Pay
Payments are in British Pounds (GBP). You can pay by bank transfer, credit or debit card or with a Sterling cheque. Cheques should be made out to Salamander Treks Ltd.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer, please let us know and we will send you the account details by e-mail.
If you wish to pay by credit card or debit card we can accept GBP, USD, CAD, NZD, AUD, EUR only.
Please indicate how you wish to pay on the booking form.
Please note that your money is safe when you book with us. All monies are deposited and held in trust by the trustees of the Travel Trust Association (TTA). Only when your tour has finished do we receive your money.
Step 4 – Email Confirmation
Once the payment has been received we will send you an e-mail confirmation.