£1699 PER PERSON
14 Jun – 24 Jun 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
22 Jun – 02 July 2023 (Thurs-Sun)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
26 Jun-06 July 2023 (Mon-Thu)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
12 July – 22 July 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
19 July – 29 July 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
02 Aug – 12 Aug 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
09 Aug – 19 Aug 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
23 Aug – 02 Sep 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
06 Sep – 16 Sep 2023 (Wed-Sat)Availability : Fully BookedPrice : £1699 / Person
Self-guided trek HIGHLIGHTS
Self-guided trek in hotels
- The independence of a self-guided trek
- 165km on foot with a built-in rest day
- Dramatic mountain views, pretty hamlets, Alpine flowers
- Family-run hotels
- Main luggage available for 6 out of 10 nights
Group size: minimum 2 people
Our self-guided TMB offers the same level of accommodation as the guided trek, but you can enjoy the independence of trekking alone. You spend 8 nights in hotels at 2 nights at auberges and most nights you will have an en-suite bathroom. Trekking in a clockwise direction you cross 5 major passes, cover around 165km and trek at your own pace. Most dinners are included and you can find lunch at the mountain refuges or take a picnic. This trip has a built-in rest day in La Palud (Courmayeur) and you can extend your stay in Chamonix if you want to do some more walking.
- Arrive at our hotel in the Chamonix Valley. Hotel
- Trek Chamonix to Lac Blanc (2352m) and on to Argentiere. Hotel
- Trek from Argentiere, over the Col de Balme (2191m) and on to Trient. Auberge
- Trek to Champex (1486m) along the Bovine route. Hotel
- Trek to Champex to La Fouly (1600m). Hotel
- Trek La Fouly to La Palud (Courmayeur) via the Grand Col Ferret (2532m). Hotel
- Rest day in La Palud (Courmayeur). Hotel
- Trek to Chapieux via Col de la Seigne (2516m). Auberge
- Trek to Les Contamines (1167m) via the Col du Bonhomme (2479m). Hotel
- Trek Les Contamines to Les Houches and back into the Chamonix Valley. Hotel
- Trip ends.
Climbs and descents: 6670m ascent / 7150m descent
Approximate distance: 165km
WHAT’S INCLUDED AND DETAILED TRIP DOSSIER
- Twin-share accommodation in hotels for 8 nights.
- 2 nights in auberges with shared bathroom facilities.
- 6 dinners
- Main luggage available 6 out of 10 nights
- Geneva transfers not included
- Route Notes provided
Click here for a detailed 2023 Trip Dossier
Geneva Airport can be reached from 17 airports in the UK and Ireland and is only one hour from the Chamonix Valley. It is well-connected with the USA, Canada and Australasia. Both Chamonix and Geneva Airport can be reached by train from the UK. You can also drive to Chamonix in approximately 10 hours from Calais. Please do not book non-refundable travel before we guarantee your departure.
EXTEND YOUR STAY IN CHAMONIX
You can easily extend your stay in Chamonix at one of our hotels or guest houses. Please ask us for details.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR TREK
Step 1 – Choose Your Tour
Select your tour and check availability, either by phoning us or sending an on-line enquiry.
Step 2 – Complete a Booking Form
Complete an on-line booking form and pay a deposit of £100 or 10% of the tour, whichever is the greater.
Step 3 – How to Pay
Payments are in British Pounds (GBP). You can pay by bank transfer, credit or debit card or with a Sterling cheque. Cheques should be made out to Salamander Treks Ltd.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer, please let us know and we will send you the account details by e-mail.
If you wish to pay by credit card or debit card we can accept GBP, USD, CAD, NZD, AUD, EUR only.
Please indicate how you wish to pay on the booking form.
Please note that your money is safe when you book with us. All monies are deposited and held in trust by the trustees of the Travel Trust Association (TTA). Only when your tour has finished do we receive your money.
Step 4 – Email Confirmation
Once the payment has been received we will send you an e-mail confirmation.